Happy Birth! Day Aubrey. {Fort Hood Texas, Birth Photographer}

At 7:59 pm this evening Kelli shot me a text telling me she was admitted to room 7, less than 30 minutes after texting me telling me she hadn’t even gone to labor and delivery yet. I shot her a text back saying I was packing my bags and would be on my way.

Enroute I stopped at the on post gas station to grab a few Monsters (bad habit, I know, but hey births take a while!) since the hospital was a few blocks away I was in he parking lot within a few minutes of leaving the gas station. I parked, made my way into the
hospital through Darnall security and bag check. (my victoria secret duffel full of camera gear, monster, 5 hour energy, an iPad mini and my purse. Thankfully he didn’t look twice at me, haha! )

I got to Labor and Delivery, through a set of double doors, and then another… down the hall and to the right, last door at the end of the Hallway. Birthing suite 7. I knocked and entered the room where Kelli was breathing through contractions. I sat my bag down and
began to set my camera for the lighting. No longer than 6-10 minutes of being there Kelli announced she was crowning, ( WHAT?!) (mind you, my babies were like weekend babies 28 & 38 hours) I quickly started speeding up my images, still in disbelief.

They checked Kelli and gave her the ok to push. Push? Already?? Kelli was a freaking trooper. At 8:56 PM– all natural, 2 contractions and 2 1/2 pushes later beautiful 9lb 9 oz 21 in long Aubrey entered this world with a full head of gorgeous curly hair. Dad is away at school for the
Army but we were able to get on face time so he could see his precious little girl for the first time.

I’ll tell you what, seeing his face and Aubrey all at one time, made me ugly cry like it was in style. Being able to photograph their birth story means so much to me. Here is a small snippet so that Daddy can visually walk through his baby girls birth.

2013-04-04_0001.jpg

2013-04-04_0002.jpg
2013-04-04_0003.jpg
2013-04-04_0004.jpg
2013-04-04_0005.jpg
She really is 9 lb 9 oz !!
2013-04-04_0006.jpg
2013-04-04_0007.jpg
Very proud Grandma :)

2013-04-04_0008.jpg
2013-04-04_0009.jpg
2013-04-04_0010.jpg

6 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• AmandaApril 4, 2013 - 12:28 am

OMG I can hear the excitement in your voice while I was reading this. LOL!! That was a QUICK delivery….Congrats to her!! And, as always AMAZING job AMANDA!!! :)ReplyCancel

• AmandaApril 4, 2013 - 12:28 am

• KrystalApril 4, 2013 - 1:10 am

Lovely pics!! And so quick to post ’em! :)ReplyCancel

• Amanda LloydApril 4, 2013 - 5:41 am

These are gorgeous Amanda!!ReplyCancel

• Kelli Morales CraytonApril 4, 2013 - 5:54 am

Omg this is truly amazing Amanda and I can never thank u enough!!! U captured the birth perfectly and u will always hold such a special place in our families heart! We love u ReplyCancel

• Courtney SmithApril 4, 2013 - 6:04 am

saw this on amanda bailey photography its absolutely amazing! you have a beautiful family congrats to your new addition!ReplyCancel

• Matthew Lindsey McAlpineApril 4, 2013 - 6:06 am

beautiful! ReplyCancel

• Hispanic RuizApril 4, 2013 - 6:10 am

Awesome photos! Wonderful story to go with it. I was actually able to envision it. Thank you for that. “..made me ugly cry like it was in style.” This made me laugh! I would highly recommend you amanda bailey photography. Thank you for the great care you put into your work for the CRAYTON family. — ChicaReplyCancel

• Amy BradyApril 4, 2013 - 9:37 am

Like Always Amanda Job Well Done. Keep up The Good Work.ReplyCancel

• Anthony CraytonApril 4, 2013 - 10:44 am

Thanks Amanda for photographing the birth. This collage is awesome and I love how it tells the story of my daughters birth. I’m truly touched and taken back by how you did the pictures. I can never thank you enough, you truly are a talented and gifted photographer as well a great person to call a friend. Thank you so muchReplyCancel

• Kimberly WatsonApril 4, 2013 - 12:22 pm

Congratulations Kelli & Anthony! Your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you guys. Kelli you have accomplished so much since we last saw you, I am proud of you! I wish you, Anthony, and all the babies health, wealth, but most of all happiness! Much love from us here in Michigan, to y’all in Texas! xoReplyCancel

• Lacey ChitwoodApril 4, 2013 - 1:09 pm

Beautiful ReplyCancel

• Patricia M. Morales-HortonApril 4, 2013 - 2:40 pm

Simple beautiful! Congratulations and thank God for facetime and photos.ReplyCancel

• Jaime OchoaApril 4, 2013 - 2:43 pm

Simply amazing wow!!!ReplyCancel

• Kim KravitzApril 4, 2013 - 2:47 pm

Aw! How precious is this!! Glad you were able to get there in time!ReplyCancel

• DinaApril 5, 2013 - 12:46 am

Oh my gosh Amanda! So beautiful!! This was a very special and wonderful moment in that family’s life. Wonderful job.ReplyCancel

• Amanda BaileyApril 4, 2013 - 12:16 pm

I’m just happy that I could include you the only way I knew how too. :) congratulations!ReplyCancel